Earlier today I recommended an app called Aurasma. I later came across a blog post by Wendy Clark entitled “Augmented Reality”. In her post, Wendy defines the concepts associated with augmentation of reality.
- Augmented reality: making something come to life
- Aura: the magic thing that pops up when you hold your device over something
- Trigger image: the picture you want to make cooler that is just normal (probably something from your camera roll or in your photos)
- Overlay: the thing you will apply on top of the trigger image (usually a video from your camera roll)
- Aurasma: a free app to make augmented reality
From Wendy’s post and further exploration of the app, I was able to get a better understanding of its potential application for teaching and learning purposes.
Here is a link to a YouTube clip that shows the app being used in a real teaching and learning context.
I hope this encourages you to further explore this great ICT tool.
Yours in ICT